Based on my experience with interviewing job candidates at Wells Fargo, I put together a list of twenty most common questions they use at this bank, in entry-level job interviews.
Higher Intellect Content Delivery Network. Interview pitfalls to avoid. I created this resource after cleaning out an old file cabinet in my office where I came across interview questions from my first librarian job search in 2002. The questions I saw formed a great resource, so I have taken what were old paper copies of tips and advice and updated it with newer, online content. Format: eBook (PDF format, you can read it on your desktop, mobile, or kindle, and you can easily print it if you want) Author: Jacob Gates (former interviewer at Wells Fargo) Pages: 42. First edition published in 2014, latest edition updated for 2020. Price: $24.95, Risk free sixty days money back guarantee. You’ve received an email from HR and it’s good news: they like your CV and you have your first job interview. We’ve prepared our top tips to help you land that job. Don't leave it up to the imagination of the interviewer to figure out how. Rather, explain in detail and give and example to illustrate it. Prepare an interview tool kit. Being prepared for your interview is the best way to ace it. Putting together a 'job interview kit' is a great job interview strategy.
For example, if you are taking the interview of the applicants. In many organizations, the applicants are asked to fill up a sheet of questions during their walk-in round. The questionnaire contains many detailed questions about the applicants who are directly related to work or the job they are interviewing for. Ebook JavaProgramming Exercises. Contribute to ToanPV90/JavaProgramming development by creating an account on GitHub.
- Interview Evaluation Scorecard Template. Download Interview Evaluation Scorecard Template. After completing an evaluation form and assigning scores to indicate how a candidate ranks for each requirement, use this scorecard template to add up overall scores and get a quick overview of results. It can also be used to calculate average.
- The interview process of Amazon is quite tough, so all the candidates aspiring to seek a job in the company have to prepare really hard. Here we are providing you the Amazon placement papers and solution pdf download files which will help you better to crack the interview. Download here - All IT Companies Placement Paper.
I also analyzed a common role play they use at the bank (especially when hiring new tellers and bankers), and other challenges you will have to deal with on a big day–when interviewing for the job with this banking giant.
Let’s have a look at some questions:
Why do you want to work at Wells Fargo?
Hint: You should focus on their vision, culture, working environment, portfolio, etc. You should simply talk about something that distinguishes them from their competitors.
Interviewers understand that job seekers would be happy to get a job at any bank, not only at Wells Fargo. However, you should do your best to convince them that Wells Fargo is your first choice. Pre-interview research will help you a lot in this case…
I meet all requirements and I believe that I would fit the working environment well, considering from what I have observed as a client of this bank. That’s why I prefer to work at Wells Fargo. I submitted my job applications also to two other banks, but WF is definitely my first choice.
I really like Wells Fargo. All members of my family belong to the millions of satisfied clients of your bank. I believe that you offer the widest portfolio of products and services for all demographic groups. That’s why I would love to work here and would be proud of it.
Why this position?
Hint: You should tell them that you believe to have the right skills and abilities for the particular role. You can also stress your motivation to do the job, connecting it to personal preferences, or other reasons.
We struggle with the motivation of employees in banks, so you should do your best to convince them that you’d enjoy doing the job you have applied for.
I believe to have the right personality for this job, plus it is really something I would enjoy doing. With the motivation I have, it would be easy to do a good job as a teller (analyst, mortgage specialist, manager, etc), and I am sure I won’t get bored after a few weeks or months in work.
I meet the requirements for this role better than for any other one. On the top of that, I had the same job in the past, so I have the experience and I believe I can bring some value to Wells Fargo while working on this position.
How did you hear about this job?
Hint: Many people apply for countless jobs. Browsing job boards, they submit their application everywhere. Recruiters at Wells Fargo want to find out if you are one of them, if the meeting you have with them is “just another jobinterview” for you.
It is important to give a clear answer to this question, mentioning the place where you found the offer. This will help to convince them that interview at Wells Fargo is the special one, the one that matters.
If you have a friend working at Wells Fargo, mention their name and say that they gave you great feedback on having a job at Wells Fargo.
I found the job on monster.com two weeks ago. When I read the job description, I immediately decided to apply. It seemed like a perfect choice for me, something I’ve been looking for.
A friend of mine recommended me this job. She works for Wells Fargo in Dallas. She told me a lot about working environment and a typical day in work. I liked what she said, and I decided to apply.
I check new job offers at Wells Fargo website regularly. About two weeks ago, I finally found a job that is not far away from my place. I applied and here I am in the interview with you.
What is your availability?
Hint: You should neither look like someone desperate, someone who needs virtually any kind of a job as soon as possible, nor like somebody who is not sure whether they want to work at Wells Fargo.
The best answer is to say that you are available from the 1stday of the next month. In case that you can not start so soon, youshould explain why you can not.
I can start from the 1st July (August, September…)
I can start ASAP. I am unemployed, and though I have also other interviews scheduled, Wells Fargo is my first choice. If you offer me a job, I will accept it and won’t even go to the other interviews.
I could possibly start tomorrow, but I want to finish the project I am currently working on. It would be very unprofessional and irresponsible if I left my current job right now. I need two or three weeks to finish the work and then I can start here.
How far are you willing to travel? / What location do you prefer?
Hint: The more options you mention, the better the chances of getting a job. If you have a car, you should say it.
However, I recommend you to mention alsothe most preferred location, to ensure you’ll get the job in the place, if available. Also, I would suggest avoiding talking about children you have, or about any other reason for your location preferences.
Interviewers should see you as someone flexible, as someone who is willing to sacrifice something for their job at Wells Fargo.
I have a car, and I can work anywhere in Washington D.C. and neighboring places.
I would prefer to work in this district. However, I would not mind traveling anywhere in the range of twenty miles.
This is a great opportunity for me. I really want to work at Wells Fargo, and grow professionally with your bank. I would not mind relocating, if there wasn’t another option. However, the best location for me is definitely Denver, a place where I live right now.
Difficult, or easy?
It was easy so far, wasn’t it? It was easy because you saw the hints and sample answers. And I analyzed the most simple questions from the list. Let’s try to answer the following questions, without my help:
- How do you handle stress?
- What would you do if you knew someone was stealing?
- Give an example of you dealing with an irate customer and what you did to fix the problem.
- Give an example of a time you made a point to go above and beyond with customer service.
- Talk about successful sales experience.
- What would you do if you were 500 dollars short when preparing to leave?
- If a customer accused you of a bad service, what would you do?
- Explain a time when you were busy and needed to prioritize the tasks ahead of you.
- Tell me about a time when you thought it was important to follow a rule. Why was it important to follow this rule and how did following this rule effect the others?
- Describe a time when you have effectively resolved another person’s request. What was the situation and what kinds of information did you gather to help assist in resolving this request?
- This job can be repetitive. What would motivate you to do it well every day?
- What are your salary expectations?
- Imagine that I am a customer of this bank. I came to deposit some money to my checking account. You are processing the transaction. I do not have a credit card yet. Try to use this opportunity to sell me the newest credit card we offer.
- Imagine that we are in a shop and I am looking at some notepads. Try to sell me this simple notepad we have here on the table.
Did you manage to you come up with a great answer to each of the questions they use at Wells Fargo, while interviewing people for entry level jobs?
I hope you did well, and feel ready to ace your interview! But if you do not feel ready, experience anxiety, or would like to see answers to all questions (and role play), I can help you.
But it won’t be completely free (though nearly free ). You will have to sacrifice the wage you’ll make in your first hour or two at Wells Fargo. That’s the deal I have for you today. Are you in?
In the eBook you will find:
- Explanation of the real interview process at Wells Fargo–you will see behind the scenes and understand what actually matters for the interviewers.
- Guide on how to present yourself in screening, behavioral and role play part of your interview.
- Three key principles you need to learn before answering behavioral questions at Wells Fargo.
- Guide on how to use your non-verbal communication to present yourself as the right person for the job.
- Brilliant answers to 20 most common behavioral and technical interview questions at Wells Fargo.
- Practical example of a role-play (with excellent and in-detail solution).
- Guide on how to follow-up your interview at Wells Fargo
- and much more….
Technical information about the Wells Fargo Interview Guide:
- Format: eBook (PDF format, you can read it on your desktop, mobile, or kindle, and you can easily print it if you want)
- Author: Jacob Gates (former interviewer at Wells Fargo)
- Pages: 42
- First edition published in 2014, latest edition updated for 2020
- Price: $24.95, Risk free sixty days money back guarantee
- Simple checkout with PayPal, instant download
(After the payment you will be directed back to our website to download your Interview Guide. You will also receive a download link and instructions to your email, just to ensure that you will get the eBook without waiting, even if the redirect fails.
If you can not see an option to pay with your credit/debit card once you click the check out button, click on “Create account with PayPal” or “Sign up”. PayPal will offer you an option to pay with your credit or debit card, without a need to register an account with them–you will pay as a PayPal guest.)
What the others think:
I am not really the most outgoing person, and you won’t find communication skills on the list of my strengths. However, your guide helped me to get rid of interview stress, and prepare for the interview, especially for the role play. They offered me a position of a teller in my second interview with Wells Fargo. Thank you Jacob!
Annetta Mayers, Dallas
It is a funny feeling when other people look at you with envy. It happened to me in a group interview at Wells Fargo. Other job applicants just could not understand how it was possible that I had a great answer ready for every question. Apparently I was the only person in the room who had read your eBook.
Aron Robson, Sacramento
When they invited me for finance analyst interview at Wells Fargo, I did not want to underestimate my preparation. I hired an interview coach, and bought several books from Amazon. However, only your interview guide was specific to Wells Fargo interviews, describing the nuances of their interview process. I got a job and definitely don’t regret buying the book. Thank you Jacob!
Julieta Smith, Houston
Anything more to say? Do you have any questions?
I do not want to waste your time with lengthy sales pages, or some imaginary 24 hours last-chance discounts, just like many other people do on their websites.
You have read the samples (the five questions at the beginning of this article), you know what the eBook is about, and surely you can tell whether it will help you to get a job at Wells Fargo.
Nailing Interview Questions And Answers
I sincerely believe it will. And you can read it easily in two or three hours, it’s not super long (11,500 words).
It’s just up to you to decide whether you want to sacrifice the money you will make in your new job in one or two hours, to ensure you will get that job at first place, or prefer to let this opportunity slip between your fingers, and risk that you will fail in your interview (and make no money at all).
In both cases, I wish you good luck!
Two bonuses, just to help you make the right decision now
To help you (or your loved ones) to succeed in any interview in any company.
Learn how to answer the following interview questions:
Nailing A Job Interview
- Why did you leave your last job?
- Why should we hire you?
- What are your salary expectations?
- What are your strengths?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What are your weaknesses?
- And other common interview questions
- This priceless guide will help you and your loved ones in any interview, for many more years to come.
- A popular audio recording from a reputable career and interview coach
- Teaches you everything you need to know to win your interviewers over.
- Perfectly applicable at Wells Fargo.
- mp3, instant download
Buy Wells Fargo Interview Guide today and get these two priceless job interview success products for FREE. That’s my offer for you…
A difficult interview, or an easy one?
Nailing The Job Interview Pdf Free Download Pdf
Your interview at Wells Fargo does not have to be stressful, or difficult. You can be the one who interviews with confidence and gives brilliant answers to all difficult questions. Download the guide today and ace your interview!
With this eBook:
Nailing The Job Interview Pdf Free Download Free
- You will impress the interviewers at Wells Fargo, telling them exactly what they want to hear.
- You’ll find the confidence in yourself you never knew you had.
Nailing The Job Interview Pdf Free Download Form
- You will be the one who gets the call after the interview.
Risk Free 60 days Money Back Guarantee
If you don’t like the Wells Fargo Interview Guide for ANY reason, or no reason at all, just let me know within 60 days and I’ll give you a full refund. Drop me a message to gates[at]jacob-gates[dot]com with your name and transaction details. No questions asked, just a full refund.
Test it out for yourself. Try my professional Wells Fargo Interview Guide in your next interview. Once you’ve tried it, I’m confident you’ll keep it forever and will be more than happy about your purchase. But if not, you can ask for a refund anytime. There is nothing you can lose with this purchase.
Job Interview Patterns PDF Free Download For Windows 7
Your Personal Job Interview Coach
Pattern Download Free
P.S. Send me an email to gates[at]jacob-gates[dot]com, if you are still not sure how this guide will help you to get a job at Wells Fargo, or if you have any questions. I try my best to answer all messages within twelve hours.